cardboard armour

Home of Crabgirl & I. A weekly comic about some guy and his imaginary friend who is part crab or something. My website can been found here. Facebook page is found here. Every character, plotline and image here-in is copyright Owain Davies. Here's a link to my Deviant Art page.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Gods

I was leafing through this souvenir Egyptian guide my ma brought back and I was looking at all the ol' gods and that. All the familiar ones were there. Bird face, dog face, other bird face, croc face and hat guy but there was this one I hadn't come across before.

Khephri has the head of a beetle and is associated with rolling the sun across the sky like a giant dung ball. But jeez when they drew him they must have given the job to an intern or something. He pretty much looks like he fell asleep and a scarab got too frien
dly with his face. Or like the first casualty in an ancient version of Alien.
Maybe there was some confusion about which way up a beetle was meant to be and they just gave it their best shot. I can forgive them they had limited technology.

In other news I discovered how to use photo-shop filters.
Let the lens-flare abuse begin.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home